Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Baby Shower Wax Diaper Favors







These are the party favors I made for my sis-in-laws baby shower I threw for her. I filled them with candy, placed them in a bag and finished them with a ribbon and tag.

How i made them? I cut a triangle out of flannel fabric and then dipped the triangle into melted paraffin wax. I then laid the triangle out on tin foil to let cool. When it is cooled but not hard, you can shape it into a diaper by folding bottom angle up and the two sides across. Then set it up so that the bottom molds a bit flat. This way it can sit up on its own. When fully cooled and hardened, poke in a safety pin in the front to hold it in place.

2 comments:

  1. I made these many years ago and thought they were so cute, by the way it was 45yrs ago and making them again for a friends daughter

    ReplyDelete
  2. Im getting ready to make them.
    The craft stores sell " premium wax" that is white in color OR a "glass wax" that is more clear in color.
    Years ago, they only sold one type of wax.
    Does anyone know which type i should buy to make the little diapers?

    Thanks alot,
    Susan

    ReplyDelete