Saturday, July 17, 2010

Flannel Board






As a kid i remember my parents had a flannel board that we used to play with. I remember it being lots of fun, so i decided to make a flannel board for my kids. It entertains Jaden for a long time.

I cut out a piece of flannel and attached it to a bulletin board that i wasn't using anymore. I used little decorative brads to poke through the flannel and into the bulletin board. I then printed out fun animals, cars, letters, numbers, shapes, book of Mormon/ Bible stories, laminated them and cut them out. Velcro and felt on the backs of the pieces didn't work very well so i used the velcro tabs on diapers to glue onto the backs of the laminated pieces. It works really well.

1 comment:

  1. I would never have thought of the velcro tabs from diapers-a brilliant idea. seriously!

    ReplyDelete